Here are some things to think about when trying to decide the right path for you and your business.
So, there’s pros and cons to every decision, that’s nothing new. And I’ve done both sides of the coin here in having my business be full time and part time, based on the economy and the market needs…also my family needs at the time.
So I think I have enough experience from both angles to talk about this and hopefully help you to have more clarity when you’re making your decisions.
Even if, ideally, you plan to run your business full-time, starting it up on a part-time basis can offer some significant advantages:
• It reduces your risk because you can rely on income and benefits from your full-time job and lets you have some additional ramp up time.
• It gives you more time to work on your 3 P’s (products, pitch and price)
• You’ll have more time to test the market and get a better feel of how easy or hard building this business might be
• More time to niche down to position yourself to stand out better instead of blending in
• It also allows your business to grow more gradually